Wednesday 4 July 2012

Current WIPs

I decided to quick do another twister for the charity auction at our upcoming family campout. Very quick to do if you have charm squares, although I did have to cut the background squares. So we went from this:

to this:


I think the pinwheels make it extra charming. I used Recipe For Friendship by Mary Engelbreit for Moda.
Tomorrow morning I'll sew it together, add borders and attach it to my new Grace quilting frame. Yes, I got a machine quilting frame. I am excited out of my mind but that's a story for a different day.

Here's a little, confusing sneak peek of another quilt I am actively working on:

Shhhhh, don't tell.

The deadline for this one is the end of next week, quilted, bound, everything. I foresee some sleepless nights.

5 comments:

  1. Loving the pinwheels! That's going to be a fab quilt.

    How exciting to have a quilting frame! Bet you're loving playing with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pinwheels do add a very nice touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did one of those twisty quilts....it was called a square dance. I thought I'd never do another, and then I just had to do one more with Christmas fabric! Yours looks really cute!Interesting sneak peek too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's a heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pinwheels! Those greys and yellows are just so pretty together, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for taking time!